Secure driving – dangers for younger drivers
Some driving statistics for younger drivers:
- main reason for dying within the US for youngsters between 12 and 19 years outdated is accidents (unintentional accidents);
- accidents (unintentional accidents) symbolize 48% of deaths of youngsters; Teen Driving Guide
- 73% of accidents the place youngsters have died are within the type of motorcar accidents.
- 1 in 10 youngsters in Australia have had a motorcar accident;
- 418 younger drivers and their passengers aged 15-24 years outdated die from motorcar accidents yearly;
- price of dying for male youngsters between 15 and 19 years outdated is 19 deaths per 100,000 and for these between 20 and 24 years outdated is 25 deaths per 100,000;
- price of dying for feminine younger drivers between 15 and 24 years outdated is 7 per 100,000.
- 1 in 5 younger drivers within the UK has a motorcar accident inside six months of passing the driving take a look at;
- A 17 or 18 12 months outdated teen driver is thrice extra more likely to be concerned in a motorcar accident compared to motorists general.
Secure driving suggestions for younger drivers
1. Take a correct driving directions course with a licensed driving teacher.
2. Use the fitting automobile, not a sports activities automobile or a automobile which isn’t totally functioning or repaired.
3. Keep away from distractions:
- drive alone or with household, not pals;
- don’t use the cellphone when driving;
- don’t speak, textual content or use the web when driving;
- don’t eat or drink when driving.
4. Apply defensive driving methods.
5. Use the car’s security options:
- put on seat belts;
- guarantee security gear resembling air luggage, security glass, anti-lock brakes and so on are functioning.
6. Don’t drive after darkish for the primary 12 months of driving.
7. Younger drivers shouldn’t take part in leisure driving for the primary few months of getting their license.
8. Younger drivers should cease as quickly as they really feel sleepy.
9. Completely no driving after consuming alcohol or utilizing leisure medicine.
10. OBEY highway guidelines and velocity limits.
Secure driving suggestions for fogeys or carers of younger drivers
1. Choose the fitting automobile on your teen or younger driver.
2. Talk about and implement ‘household driving rules’ or ‘driving contract’. Family driving guidelines ought to embody the ‘Safe driving tips for young drivers’ within the part above.
3. Encourage your teen or younger driver to name you instantly on the incidence of an accident, irrespective of how small the accident is. Calls have to be made with out penalties to the teenager or younger driver.
4. Be good position fashions on your teen or younger driver.